2010 Baseball Roadtrip
I just bought the final set of tickets for The Third Annual Cook Grandfather-Father-Son Baseball Roadtrip of 2010 (click to see full-sized picture):
- Oakland-Aladema County Colesium: check
- Dodger Stadium: you bet’cha
- Petco Park: you know it
- Angel Stadium of Anaheim, Orange County, CA: wouldn’t miss it
- AT&T Park: indubitably
A couple Roadtrip notes and factoids:
- This will be my first time in over 30 years visiting the site of my MLB debut, which at the time was called Anaheim Stadium, but now hosts a team allegedly from “Los Angeles.” Hey, Angels. I’m not buying it. And guess what? Neither is my credit card company. My credit card statement says I bought the tickets from the “California Angels.”
- My uncle and his family live in Orange County and for the first time in the storied history of the Great Cook Grandfather-Father-Son Baseball Roadtrip, we are hoping to have a guest roadtripper for one game — my Dad’s brother and my uncle, Carl. Looking forward to it!
- Also for the first time in C.G.-F.-S.B.R. history, we will be meeting up with our beloved Seattle Mariners for a couple games. Go Mariners!
- At 5, this will be the most stadiums we’ve ever visited during one roadtrip.
- At 6, this will be the most games we’ve ever attended during one roadtrip.
- This will be the first roadtrip where all games take place in the same state.
- This will be Tim’s first time visiting California.
- For the third year in a row, Tim will get to run professional base paths on the roadtrip. We love “Kids Run The Bases” days!